[LUG] Fwd: exim training (fwd)

From the London perl monger list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:18:19 +0000
From: David Cantrell <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: london.pm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: exim training

As there are several exim admins here, I thought that this might be useful:

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:06:06 +0000 (GMT)
From: Philip Hazel <ph10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Exim-Announce] Dates for the next Exim course
To: <exim-announce@xxxxxxxx>, <exim-users@xxxxxxxx>

We have now fixed the dates for the next Exim course here in Cambridge,
England. Here they are for your diaries: 24/25/26 June, 2002. This
course will be longer than previous ones, running from lunchtime on
Monday 24 to lunchtime on Wednesday 26. The course will be based on Exim
4, and I hope it will serve both as an introduction for newcomers, and
as a conversion course for old hands.

This is just a preliminary announcement to tell you about the dates. We
are not yet able to take bookings (the prices are not yet set!) A more
detailed announcement will be made in due course when registration
arrangements are in place.

The contents of the course are also still at an early stage of
preparation, and I expect to provide more detail later. Roughly, it is
intended to divide the course into three main parts, with a "warm-up"
introduction to Internet mail at the start. The timetable will be
approximately as below. The order is a bit artificial, but the idea is
that people who have attended previous courses may want to skip the
first afternoon, because that material is basically the same in Exim 3
and Exim 4.

Monday June 24

  Pre-lunch:   a "warm-up" session - Introduction to Internet Mail (1 hour)

  Afternoon:   Introduction to Exim - background, how it works overall,
               process structure, configuration file structure,
               operator controls, logs, utilities, some global
               configuration options, address rewriting, retry rules.

Tuesday June 25

  Morning:     How Exim 4 delivers mail - details of routers and
               transports. We hope to have an external speaker to give
               a presentation on the use of LDAP with Exim.

  Afternoon:   Control of incoming mail in Exim 4. Access Control Lists
               and policy controls. SMTP authentication. Use of TLS
               encryption.

Wednesday June 26

  Morning:     Advanced topics - an external speaker will give a
               presentation on the use of Exim in very large
               installations. The remaining time will be used to go into
               more detail about some or all of: data lookups, regular
               expressions, string expansions, spam checking, and policy
               control. There will also be time for discussion and
               questions.

--
David Cantrell | david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

 Vegetables are what food eats