From: owner-nom-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-nom-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Nominet UK
Sent: 11 January 2002 16:01
To: nom-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nom-announce] .me.uk starts here

Nominet UK is pleased to inform you that the results of the vote to
establish .me.uk have now been received, and the majority of respondents
are in favour of the creation of the new Second Level Domain (SLD).  The
result means that the new SLD will go live from 00:01 hours on Monday
14 January 2002.

The ballot of the entire membership took place between 18 December 2001
and 11 January 2002.  Voting was held on a one-member, one-vote basis, and
the ballot was conducted independently by Electoral Reform Services.  The
results can be found at http://www.nic.uk/meuk/voting.html

A fact sheet giving advice to Tag Holders registering .me.uk domain names
is at http://www.nic.uk/meuk/guidance.html.  All .me.uk applications must
be sent to a separate address - applications@xxxxxxxxxxx - and any sent to
the existing applications address will not be processed.  Tag Holders are
also reminded that they will need to complete the new Registrant fields
for me.uk applications.

Advice for Registrants on the new Second Level Domain is available at
http://www.nic.uk/meuk/questions.html.  Please note that the Customer
Support Department will be open during office hours only.

Further information is available at:

http://www.nominet.org.uk/meuk/