Re: [LUG] Wanting to really put an effort to learn Linux properl

Okay, so wouldn't you use redhat *because* you know linux? Why
bother with fiddling around with things (which it sounds like is
required with debian) when you don't need to, but you still know how
to change things if problems occur? In that respect I'd rather spend
an hour (say) installing redhat which does most of the work for me,
rather than (say) two hours installing debian where (it seems) I
would have to configure more things myself, but still end up with
the machine configured and working the same as the redhat one :-)

An exhaustive discussion of relative merits may be found starting
here:

http://pub13.ezboard.com/fiwetheylinux.showMessage?topicID=649.topic&i
ndex=39

MB