Mail User Agent for correct addressing was Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Student Linux User Group]

Adrian Midgley wrote:

"May be a criminal offence" - is that lawyer speak for "isn't a
criminal offence, but you don't know that" ?

IANAL but it is probably actionable under civil law, at least in some
circumstances.  At present.

So not a criminal offence then if it is civil law ;)

Probably copyright, and other abuses might be grounds, but you
can't send someone a contract with a document and expect them to
be bound, contract law doesn't work that way, you have to agree
to a contract to be bound by it (with various caveats like not
being under duress).

It is no substitute for taking reasonable care, so choice of mail clients
should be careful for those dealing with confidential material.

My MTA (in RFC infringing fashion - oops) rips out most "mailer"
tags from mail headers (in and out), so what do you use? And
what do you like to see in ensuring addressing is accurate?

I find Netscape autocomplete is quite good, but with a large
address book I usual type a little and then pick from a small
pick list, but I still managed to send one sensitive document to
a random person in my address book last year. Somehow I found
Outlook autocomplete was worse, but I can't remember why.