Re: [LUG] Freaky samba issue.

> Heyas all,

Mornin' guv',

> Have come accross a bit of a odd problem this evening.  Was trying to
> upgrade the kernel on a Red Hat 7.2 box (which was running their
> 2.4.9-13 kernel) to 2.4.16.
>
> For some reason the smb server performance under 2.4.16 is abysmal, for
> no sensible reason that I can see.  All the rest of the networking seems
> fine and I'm not aware that samba needs any special network kernel
> modules or whatever.  The box is a NAT gatway as well and that function
> is unaffected and when I boot back into the old kernel the smb
> performance is as it should be.
>
> Has anyone heard of any issues like this with 2.4.16 or samba in general
> as I'm a bit stumped.

Never come accross this one mate, although my SMB server is running REALLY
slow at the momnent, unsure as to what would cause this.. possibly the
fact that it is now running SETI units too ? One of the 3 computers on my
LAN (the big one) has a 100M/bit LAN cqard, the other 2 have 10's.. will
this matter, the hub is a 10 base hub !

Neil