[LUG] Freaky samba issue.

Heyas all,

Have come accross a bit of a odd problem this evening.  Was trying to
upgrade the kernel on a Red Hat 7.2 box (which was running their
2.4.9-13 kernel) to 2.4.16.

For some reason the smb server performance under 2.4.16 is abysmal, for
no sensible reason that I can see.  All the rest of the networking seems
fine and I'm not aware that samba needs any special network kernel
modules or whatever.  The box is a NAT gatway as well and that function
is unaffected and when I boot back into the old kernel the smb
performance is as it should be.

Has anyone heard of any issues like this with 2.4.16 or samba in general
as I'm a bit stumped.

Alex.