Re: [LUG] Linux in Schools - client licences

Adrian Midgley wrote:

> I have an SBS 4.0a on NT4.  Beastly thing.
> If you have exactly the MS way of running a business, and are setting up from
> scratch, it is probably quite good, once instaleld by someone who has
> received the unpublished knowledge.  Otherwise it is horrible.

Our best fun was setting it up on a Compaq server.

The SBS use to change the NT install procedure, such that it
would only install on the first partition, but Compaq put
diagnostics on the first partition in the factory. One of our
experienced MCSEs spent several days pondering why it didn't
work, before finding the magic bit in the docs saying delete
your diagnostics partition.

We tended to go with installing the components seperately after
that debacle, better trodden paths.