Re: [LUG] vga entry in lilo.conf (ACER 200DX and SuSe 7 XF86 4.03config)

On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 17:47, Simon Waters wrote:
> Can anyone adequately explain the significance of the "vga="
> line? I mean I've read what it is suppose to do, but can anyone
> explain what it really does.

What it enables you to do is select a video mode for your console that
will give you more than the standard 80x24 chars.  I use it on my laptop
to make the console use more of the screen than a little square in the
middle (not that it makes that much difference).

If youre running X all the time I'd be tempted to just remove the vga=
line.

Alex.