Re: [LUG] Tuesday teaser: httpd

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:14:04PM +0000, Tony Atkin wrote:

> #! /usr/bin/python
> print "Content-Type: text/html"     # HTML is following
> print                               # blank line, end of headers
> print "<HTML><HEAD>"
> print "<TITLE>CGI script output</TITLE>"
> print "</HEAD><BODY>"
> print "<H1>Hello World</H1>"
> print "</BODY></HTML>"

You mean you can't do:

print <<HTML;

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>CGI script output</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Hello World</H1>
</BODY></HTML>
HTML

Amateur language!

Steve

PS I don't really care what language people use, so long as it gets
   the job done. What does get on my nerves is when people do function
   point analysis, a UML thing, write 10 classes and meta language, to
   do Hello World.