Re: [LUG] Tuesday teaser: httpd

MATTHEW BROWNING wrote:

> Now, let's consider the simplest script imaginable, such as:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "Content-type: text/html"
> echo
> echo "<html>"
> echo "hello world"
> echo "</html>
> #ends

Try one that works first - so you don't have to worry about
syntax issues or if it is good html (It looks odd to me, what no
head, no body, etc etc).

I have this on my test box, which I find useful now and then,
but probably best not put on security sensitive boxes as it
gives away a lot of information *8-)

#!/bin/sh
echo "Content-type: text/plain"
echo
set

Otherwise try changing the content type to plain as this doesn't
look like HTML.

Perl has a some simple tools for generating the correct HTML
headers and constructs, and is probably a better language for
this all around.

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768