Re: [LUG] groupware

Have little experience of off-the-peg groupware solutions such as
Outlook/Exchange or Notes but guess they will cost you lots of Euros.

I can imaging building/installing just about everything you might need
for group activities on a Zope server. http://www.zope.org

<paste from zopesite>
Zope is the leading Open Source web application server. Zope enables
teams to collaborate in the creation and management of dynamic
web-based business applications such as intranets and portals. Zope
makes it easy to build features such as site search, news,
personalization, and e-commerce into your web applications.
</paste>

It runs on Linux of course and will even run on windoze if you really
must.  There are a lot of community-contributed products for Zope
including Wikis, Calendars and news and discussion lists such as
Squishdot which runs http://dot.kde.org . Best of all you can write
scripts for it in Python, but it's not fussy, it can take Perl as well.

OK, I admit it, I like it because it's fun to play with!

Cheers

Tony