Re: [LUG] EMail Clients... and Netscape 6

On 03-Dec-2001 at 10:39:44 MATTHEW BROWNING wrote:
> The main problem we have is the Uni's policy of allocating
> 20MB network profiles into which archived email is stored.  People
> are always coming to me saying they have hung their system by either
> a. storing 500+ emails this way or b. being sent a 14 meg .tif or
> something.  About half the people in this building have had Outlook
> forced upon them now and the general feedback is they don't like the
> way it opens everything without asking and it seems to act as a
> magnet from unwanted rubbish.

If you have a problem/complaint then I would suggest contacting the support
desk (x3838). Honest! I have zero to do with the Exchange servers/IE by the
way! :-) The point though is that the server team think that IE is wonderful
and that all the users are happy - if no-one says anything then they will
always think this! Exchange users (students) should be getting 50MB of
space, staff (I think) 100MB. Again, if not then ask the support desk.

Staff will also have to use Outlook (sorry, I keep saying IE when I mean
outlook). I am still desperately insisting that I want to use my linux box
for mail since it works :-) The Exchange system, well...

> This message went on for another paragraph but I though better of it
> since I would like to work here for another six months.

Oh, I'm sure that it wouldn't go any further than this list (although it is
off-topic) except for those not in the Uni :-) I am well known around here
for not liking Microsoft...or rather for being pro Unix/linux :-)

John.