Re: [LUG] EMail Clients...

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, David Bell wrote:
> > > Just as a point of interest, what email and web clients do the members of
> > > te LUG use ? I use Balsa and Galleon, works ok, but balsa craps out every
> > > so often...

> Currently KMail on SuSE V7.3 which on this distro is very stable (v1.3.1
> using KDE 2.2.1).

As you can probably tell by the header - I usually use on pine various
shell accounts or Mutt locally - old skool ;)

I find graphical email clients unhelpful most of teh time - mutt does
threading, header customisation, custom layout and colour as well as
user-defined keys and text configuration.

I actually have just been working with somebody who uses emacs for email.

as for browsers - if I'm using an inferior O/S I stick with netscape
because it has a GUI that makes sense and doesn't get in the way of me
using the internet - if I'm using a Real O/S I stick to a mozilla nightly
or milestone depending if its my box or not.

A.
--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty";> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a