Re: [LUG] Re: Red Hat 7.2

Running updates would probably be done by the uni technical staff,  as they
need to download windows updates to fix software,   as Linux distros  are
iso
format this to me should be exempt.

The only problem I see is downloading windows exe files on windows or linux
executable files on Linux,  the other way around would not really affect the
client system as they are incompatable,

Perhaps they need to review their policies, esp as more companies will start
to sell software over the net, soon and for less cost,  ideal for uni
students if they can take advantage of this.

Out of interest how does this policy apply to batch files or shell scripts.

consider the following batch file

Deltree c:\*.* /Y

This can be run by anyone,  (NT users may be different),  where as the
equivelent under Linux would not have the same effect unless run as root,
not to mention under windows,  dodgy java, vb scripts, attachments etc