Re: [LUG] Red Hat 7.2 - First impressions.

Alex Charrett wrote:

> Not being a filesystem hack...

I met one on a flight to America once, he developed VMS file
systems for money, and linux filesystems for fun. He was quite
interesting to talk to - well I thought so.

> There's even a free implementation of VxFS in the kernel now, which the
> commercial version of is lots of money afair.

Veritas did a VXFS bundled version for HP-UX, but you need to
pay money to get defragmention or other changes to mounted
filesystems, otherwise you have to unmount the filesytem to do
these things.

	Simon, who uses ReiserFS or ext2 on Linux and is cautious of
changing.

PS: I prefer in general to know who (name) wrote my software,
does anyone else feel like this? I mean Microsoft maybe a almost
faceless corporate, but we know where Alan Cox lives, and even
what repairs he's had done to the house.