[LUG] Grub - RH7.2

Following on from Alex's RH7.2 woes, and my knowing nothing about 'grub', I
just went to rpmfind and found a grub rpm. This gave me the grub web site
which states:

  For now, GNU GRUB is not released publicly yet, but you can still get the
  test releases from alpha.gnu.org:/gnu/grub/, and the latest version from
  the CVS. See our project page on Savannah, for more information.

Again this seems a bit risky by RH, considering grub is to boot the system -
suppose it doesn't! Whilst grub may well work fine - I assume it has with
Mandrake - but why change from lilo, which we know (do we not?) works fine,
to something which states that it is not even available for public release?
Remember the problems RH introduced by using a test version of gcc? The
kernel wouldn't rebuild (if I remember correctly).

I've no objection to trying new things but not out-of-the-box of what I
assume is a stable RedHat release of linux. On the other hand perhaps they
give you the option of using grub or lilo when you install RH?

John.