Re: [LUG] Linux partitions

Neil Williams wrote:

> 4. The only floppy suitable for a re-install was for Mandrake 7.0 (how DO you
> make these install-boot floppies? They're not the same as rescue floppies.)

Usually you use a program called "rawrite.exe" in DOS, or "dd"
in Linux. You write a 1.44MB file straight to floppy from a
"boot image". Often vendors ship a selection of "bootimages" for
different hardware combinations.

Virtually anything that is going to run a desktop with Mandrake
7 sensibly is going to allow booting from CD ROM in BIOS.

I'll leave network installs to those that have done them with
INTEL, I've only done Windows 3.11, HP-UX and Solaris over the
network.