Re: [LUG] hello

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 11:14 pm, andy weir wrote about [LUG] hello:
> hi all
>
> im new here, just moved to St. Agnes
>
> recently turned from the dark side... away from the evil empire

Welcome!

> here's a quick question... is there any way to get broad band internet
> access in this part of the world (without sacrificing any virgins),

There is still 'talk' of satellite broadband - nothing certain as yet.
Tiscali are talking of a system 'this year' that isn't dependent on your
postcode, another variant on the satellite theme, but these are all going to
be:
a) not quite as fast as ADSL
b) more expensive than ADSL (and that still isn't exactly affordable!)

P.S. Just because I'm in Plymouth, doesn't mean I can get ADSL either - I've
been told I'm 40m beyond the limit. Yes, 40 metres. Expected date: 2003.
Quite. If it's going to take 2 years to do 40m, how long will it take to get
to St Agnes!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueyonder still doesn't reach this far but may be the best hope still.
--

Neil Williams