Re: [LUG] First Post

Neil Williams wrote:

> > > About 4 years ago I realised that Windows wasn't all it was cracked up
> > > to be, and that I didn't have to be like everyone else. In my search for
> > > something different I came across an operating system called Linux,
> > > something I could play with to my heart's content and even re-write
> > > parts of if I wanted. I have been using it ever since.
> > > Craig
>
> > It took you 4 years to find out that windows sux ???????????? where have
> > you been, just kidding mate, welcome to the group hopefully we can all gain
> > from your knowledge and you from ours (well, not much from mine, I just
> > make silly comments every now and again)
> >
> > Neil Stone
>
> Wasn't that 4 years ago that Craig changed to Linux, Neil, rather than after
> 4 years of using Windoze?
>
> Using Windoze for 4 years before getting into Linux is better than me - I've
> used Windows since Windows 3.0 - I bought my first PC running Windows 3.1 in
> 1990 and started programming in C++ a year later. I still use Windows95 at
> work.

It was 4 years ago I started using Linux. I began using windows when it
was ver 3.0, and like you I still use Windows at work. All our PABX
software runs in windows, and according to the manufacturers there are
no plans to port it to Linux :-(

> And while I'm about it, did you receive your password Craig - and can you log
> in OK? If yes, where are those reviews you promised me!!!
> :-))

Yes I did thanks, and it works. My review of Mandrake 7.2 is on its way
and hopefully soon a review of Mandrake 8.1 as it is winging its way
towards me as we speak via britains fine postal service.