[LUG] internet crash kppp - internet dialer continued

 Thanks for the help,

I tried the following as suggested.

chmod 7755 /usr/sbin/pppd -

I then went to
kuser. - listed as usermanager.

this is where I am not sure what is going on.

I can find my user name in the list on the left,  If I select this and then
go to group - edit

then select groups.

I get a list of groups on the left,  and primary group - with paul as part
of a select list, on the right  - its there I don't need to select it,

If I click on users and add this to the box on the right,  click ok, then
save and exit.  I then logged off and tried to dial up again,  it still
crashes,  so I log back in as root,
and goto kuser again,  following the steps above,  the box is blank where I
added users eariler,

I also changed kppp to 7755 as I figured that as I was using kppp to dial up
this needs the same permissions etc.  so it's now the same by default its
-rwxr-xr-x
which I make out to be 755,  now it's
-rwsr-sr-t

for both kppp and pppd

it still does not work.

I have either not done something right, or something more deep down is
wrong,  what log files should I check to see what is happening.

also is there a way to add me to the users group from the command line,  as
this would rule out probs with kuser.

Thanks for the help

paul