RE: [LUG] Ntfs file systems! Arrgg

> Do you think i can mount the file system! Can i heck as like...
> looked around at a few Howto's for the mount command and it goes...

> mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/disk

> Only problem is it dont work, any ideas :)

I'm running Win2k-SP2 and also Mandrake 8.0 except I'm using SCSI drives, so
I did (for my system)

mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/win2k

And it worked fine for read only support.  What error message are you
getting?

The only things I can think of is.
1. You have not got a directory called disk in /mnt
2. You are mouting the wrong partition maybe?  Do a fdisk -l /dev/hda to
list your partitions.
3. Do a lsmod and look for ntfs.  If it's not there, try a insmod ntfs
4. Have you recompiled the kernel and left out ntfs support? - the standard
mandrake 2.4.3 kernel does have it as a module.

Hope this helps a bit.

Pete Hatton