Re: [LUG] small linux

 --- Paul Sutton <psutton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Just
to draw attention to small linux

> www.superant.com/smalllinux
>
> Looks interesting,  According to linux format they
> are working on a 3 disk
> version,  which would be useful for me as my old
> 486dx2 66 does not have a
> cdrom at present.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Paul

Paul

Perhaps you don' need to wait.

I too have a 486 without cd rom but after many failed
attempts at installing have recently been very happy
with Peanut Linux. It requires a single zipped file
(<90Mb)to be copied to either a DOS or ext2 partition.
Then ,with the aid of a couple of boot discs, you can
install to run from within either a DOS (not tried) or
from ext2 partition. I had to load the zipped file
using WIN95 cable to cable & it does require 299Mb to
run in ( but ext2 seems to format to 1300 Mb from my
540 Mb, according to DOS, hard disc).
Peanut Linux CD is available @ 2.50 from
www.penguin-food.co.uk to whom I am in no way
connected apart from being a very satisfied customer.

Trevor Sansom  >