RE: [LUG] Windows animosity.

> I don't understand why people defend ms (m$?) their programmes are not the
> best and we should be free to use what we want,
> for instance this wretched isp (BT) activly discourages use of anything
> other than ms

However, I have (many times) used Linux to access BTInternet !!!

> I find the opinion in this email sad as it is in a uni based group
> southampton is funded by ibm yet its graduates are also taught about ms
>
> you should know:-
>
> 400 of the top 600 companies run ibm (even if they have 98 on their
> desktops) one of our main banks bought 1600 copies of os2 last easter
>
> all American munitions run ibm (cruise missiles run on embeded os2)

Could you imagine if a nuke GPF'd on its way down ?? Would it stop in fight
and reboot ?? or just present the target with a blue screen full of useless
information ??

> ms spent millions on spin to get into naval market and nt servers were
> fitted to two cruisers

And a whole load of naval bases too !!

> on test the servers kept on crashing leaving the ships no offensive
> capacity, no communications, no steering ---nothing.  the servers were
> changed.

And this is news because ?????????????????????????????

> windows does not intergrate with other systems, their wish is the reverse,
> on eCom (new os2)
> I can read win files, not vice versa.

Again.. this is news because ?????????????????????????????????

> well you asked for comments
> regards peter bunce

Hehehe don't blame ya mate, I am activley looking to move completly ANTI-M$
and go completly Linux or OS/2 Warp 4 (which I have on CD).

That reminds me... Did anyone ger the October issue of Linux format !! Paul
Sutton assures me that it has an artical on USB webcams !!! :-D, one step
closer to me leaving windoze !

A) AOL !! <--- Linux port soon :-D
B) Webcam <--- give me a while to read that linux format !
C) Printer (USB OfficeJet G85) <--- not sure, anyone got anything here ??

Neil