Re: [LUG] I broke my internet !!

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Neil Stone wrote:

> I have also tried a number of other ISP's which makes me think perhaps i am
> missing something !!!

Try this little lot:

Add the following line to /etc/syslog.conf, somewhere near the top.
(Note: there MUST be tabs not spaces as the delimeter).

daemon.debug						/var/log/debug

touch /var/log/debug
killall -HUP syslogd

Next, make sure you have DEBUG="yes" in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 (or call pppd with the "debug"
option).

Then look in /var/log/debug for a LOT more info on the LCP negotiation of
the PPP connection.  Post it up here if you need more help :)

J.

--
Jon Still                               E-mail: jon@xxxxxxxxxxx
System Administrator                    Web:    http://www.tertial.org/