RE: [LUG] I broke my internet !!

Well in true Neil style, I broke it, I fixed it !, not quite sure how tho
!!!

first thing i did was upgrade the pppd by getting ppp-2.4.1 from
www.rpmfind.net (good source of rpms that guys) I tinkered with the
/etc/ppp/options file.
Now it reads............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

asyncmap 0
auth
crtscts
lock
modem
debug
kdebug 4
proxyarp
lcp-echo-interval 30
lcp-echo-failure 4
noipx
defaultroute

now dials up connects, authenticates, assigns IP and works. YAY !!!!!

Only one small problem tho !! (come on you knew it was comming) it dosn't
always talk to the remote computer at the correct baud, i get a lot of
scrambled stuff back. normally i get login: then password:, instead i get
lines like "r[cltg93" wierd eh ?
Any ideas on this one will be much appreciated

Neil