From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Alex Charrett
Sent: 09 September 2001 18:47
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Windows animosity.

I've just got back from a weekend away and have caught up on all the lug
mails.  It's great to see it growing and people finding it a useful
resource.

It has however had quite a deluge of (in my opinion), a somewhat strange
attitude towards Microsoft and it's products.  Don't get me wrong I'm not
a fan of their somewhat dubious buisness practices but I can't help but
feel that these regular references to "Windoze", "M$" etc are somwhat
unnecesary.

To be honest, Windows systems have good and bad aspects, as does
everything else.  I rather feel the key to the success of any system is
its ability to interoprate with other systems.

It's long been a concern of mine that there can be a certain air of
strange superitority surrounding users of systems like Linux and *BSD.  I
really hope that this isn't putting people off using Linux (as I perhaps
fear), as I do think it's very good.  In these times however no operating
system can exist in isolation.

This is just an opinion.  I'd like to hear comments on it if people are
willing.  I'd rather it didn't turn into a flamefest though.

Cheers,
Alex.