Re: [LUG] Tux Badge & Plymouth Library was XML etc

Ray Smith wrote:

> Plymouth Library have got some books in .
>
> Linux Programming for Dummies (Shell programming)
>
> Everyday Linux (General usage including stuff on star office & the
> Gimp)
>
> and The Open source Revolution all about the early days of Gnu/Open
> source/Linux etc.etc. This book is really good, the author has
> interviewed Eric Raymond, Richard Stallman, Alan Cox & others
> including the people who started RH,Caldera,Walnut Creek, KDE,Gnome,
> Ximian & loads more. Fascinating; absolutely fascinating.
>
> Don't look for them yet because I've got them all, ha ha !

-  That explains a lot - I happened to pop in there yesterday to look
for a non-computing book but had a browse anyway.  I was amazed that
I could only find one slim volume from the seventies about using UNIX
(i.e. not administering it).  I read a bit of it - wasn't too bad.

-  My XML query earlier was about building what is effectively a
front end to an existing database.  Just to clarify. rather that
seeking an answer to a specific question I am after general guidance
on how to educate myself further in this area.

-  I'v actually got one sticker left here.  MB.