Re: [LUG] Tux Badge & Plymouth Library was XML etc

MATTHEW BROWNING (m.browning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> -  My XML query earlier was about building what is effectively a
> front end to an existing database.  Just to clarify. rather that
> seeking an answer to a specific question I am after general guidance
> on how to educate myself further in this area.

I'm afraid I still look at XML and am totally mystified.

I'm assured O'Reilly's book is as ever excellent, by people who
have read and understood it.

Curiously the Microsoft web site was a good source, especially
on answering questions like; what is it? why would I use it? Of
course that is probably Microsoft XML *8-)

Never got past the "what is it?", "why would I use it stage?"
myself.

Nick Kew might be able to advise on how best to learn,
especially if your looking for linux stuff - BCC'ed, as I think
that is just his kind of thing. Of course Neil is on vacation -
lucky devil.

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768