Re: [LUG] Greetings from a newbie

On Saturday 01 September 2001  8:51 am, you wrote:
> I joined the group a couple of weeks ago, and have been reading the list
> with great interest.
> It appears that there are some bright members in the group, I look forward
> to conversing with them in due course.
> My first Linux instal was S.u.S.E 6.1 it served me well for a year, then
> Redhat 7 not so good, so I am awaiting S.u.S.E 7.2 pro to arrive for my
> birthday so I may be after some help if I have problems.

I have just (2 hours ago :) ) installed SUSE 7.2 pro, and couldn't believe
how far SUSE have come. I too started with 6.1, but switched to Slackware
pretty early on, because, among another things I was overwhelmed with the
sheer volume of packages. All I can say is I hope your Birthday isn't to far
away!