Re: [LUG] Paignton Library + Pdf file creator

On Sunday 05 Aug 2001 1:06 pm, you wrote:

> This months issue of PC Plus has PDF factory which allows you to export
> files to pdf format,  I tried it with the fineprint website and it looks
> good.  UK price is £28 from software partners,  or check out
> www.fineprint.com for more details and links to local suppliers.
>
> The trial version just sticks a tag at the end with created by pdf factory
> trial version along with their website and the date (I think).
>

> hope this helps
>
> Paul

I usually create pdf files by printing to a postscript file then using ps2pdf
 (ghostscript printer to pdf translator) to convert the file to pdf format.
This usually works quite well.  I believe that ps2pdf is a fairly standard
Linux utility program.  Probably does not implement all the latest wrinkles
but works for me.

Cheers

Tony