Re: [LUG] RedHat 7.2 - roswell

On 06-Aug-2001 at 15:25:16 MATTHEW BROWNING wrote:
> The misguided staff of RedHat have decided to shroud this release in
> a clever 'gag' which is lost on non US citizens.  It alludes to the
> US goverments consistent and ongoing denial that the Roswell UFO
> incident ever ocurred despite overwhelming public belief to the
> contrary.

Well this is what I wondered. Since I had no idea whether roswell existed
when RH mentioned it, I just assumed that they were trying to dispel rumours.

> The release is up there on RedHats own FTP site.

Didn't check - didn't think I needed to unless it was true :-)

Perhaps RH7.2/Roswell will install itself onto some secret part of the disk
so that you can never find the thing again! :-) Still, better than it just
crashing as the (alleged) spacecraft did eh? :-)

John.