Re: [LUG] CD Player

I overcame the RPM manager in Mandrake 8.0 freezing up by re-installing the
first CDROM disc under a different name. So now have Ispell working. Also I
can play MP3 files but not CDROM music discs. No matter. So I intend to carry
on learning with this installation untill it falls over. Somethings work
better on this old PC in 8.0 than in 7.1 but none of the Mesa amusement
programs run in 8.0. Is this because Xfree86 is at 4.0.3?

Are there any health check programs I should be running?
tia
Bob