Re: [LUG] linux from scratch

Linux From Scratch is the base distribution that I used to start building my
own. It is a great way to
get intimate with your operating system, and those who take the plunge will
greatly benefit from an
better understanding of just how GNU/Linux works. Some people will be put off
simple becuase of
the size of the installation documentation that comes with the packages, but
once you have looked,
you will realise that the instuctions could fit on two sheets of A4!

I built the latest (3.0-pre4) Linux From Scratch distribution last week, and it
only took me three hours.
The best way to do it is under KDE or GNOME, with a both a console and the
installation document
open. You can then use the mouse to drag the installation commands from the
document into the
console - this saves quite a bit of typing.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Matthew

"Paul Sutton" <psutton@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 30/06/2001 19:06:10