[LUG] Clock sync over a LAN

I've noticed a function within Webmin about synchronising system clocks
across a LAN by configuring one machine as an ntds server but I can't seem
to get it to work after installing the RPM's. The page gives an error that
the server wasn't found on port 37.

Has anyone used such a program?

Is it possible to sync with a remote source like some atomic clock or
similar? My little radio alarm clock can do it by radio (some transmitter at
Rugby?) - are computers too big to do what such a simple device can do? I
don't expect to tune into the radio source (!) but I'd like to think there
was a time server somewhere on the net that allows clocks to run in sync?
(Or am I waiting for pigs to fly?)

Neil Williams