Re: [LUG] Start-Up

Richard Brown wrote:

> Have installed MYSQL and want it to boot up at start-up. I am using Suse
> 8.2. What file do I edit? I am told that I need to add the script
> mysql.server to my start-up routines, how do I do this?

Does mysql.server look like this sort of thing?

test -x /usr/sbin/mysqld || exit 0

SELF=$(cd $(dirname $0); pwd -P)/$(basename $0)
CONF=/etc/mysql/my.cnf
MYADMIN="/usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-extra-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf"

export HOME=/etc/mysql/

is_mysqld_alive () {
    if [ -n "`$MYADMIN ping 2>/dev/null`" ]; then return 0; else return 1; fi
}

case "$1" in
  'start')
	# blah
  'stop')
	# blah

If so, stick it in /etc/init.d and then create symbolic links from it
to all of:

/etc/rc0.d/K20mysql
/etc/rc1.d/K20mysql
/etc/rc2.d/S20mysql
/etc/rc3.d/S20mysql
/etc/rc4.d/S20mysql
/etc/rc5.d/S20mysql
/etc/rc6.d/K20mysql

If it doesn't, you'll have to write a wrapper script to go in /etc/init.d

Steve