Re: [LUG] Setting up Fetchmail

.
| Does "ls -l $HOME/.fetchmailrc" show the file? This checks that
| /home/paul is the right place (sounds right, but you never know).
|
| Do you have "fetchmailconf" installed? Might save a lot of pain.

OK.. my turn...

put the following in /etc/fetchmailrc (new file)

**********************

set daemon 60
# Polls for mail every 60 seconds
set postmaster root
# Who to send bounces to
set logfile /var/log/fetchmail.log
# Err.. log file..

poll mail.clara.net proto pop3:
~        user "xxxxxxxxxx" pass xxxxxx to * here

# Change the * to a username to get all email sent to that user...

*********************

Then put the following in /etc/init.d/fetchmail (new file)

*********************

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmailrc &

then

~ ln -s /etc/init.d/fetchmail /etc/rc[3 or 5].d/S99fetchmail

This will allow fetchmail to startup on system boot, I am guessing this is what you want it to do... ?

Otherwise.. put the contents of the file (fetchmailrc) in to
$HOME/.fetchmailrc and run fetchmail as that user.. this will cause
fetchmail to poll every 60 seconds..

That should do that job, any problems mail the list back...