Re: [LUG] Aol & Linux

when i was reciecing 200 + emails a dya on the american mandrake newby group
a good portion of them said"  mom won let me change from aol "

why should anyone want to use aol? its cranky and slow. i used btinternet, onetel and attglobal net.
all of which connected and let u use any browser.

BTW the rest of the emails said----------  i cannot print---------------- i  cannot  open this or that
in fact there were so many problems reported hat i thought there must be more problems
than copies of mandrake sold.

so i went back to os2   as a learning project i m thinking of buying susi pro,
is this any good??

peter

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:30:55 +0100, Tom Laithwaite wrote:

>I have a feeling AOL does not use PPP, and so you have to use the AOL
>software which is WIN only.
>

>-- Tom Laithwaite, tomlai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 06/26/2001
>
>--

	 In the final analysis, Bill Gates' legacy will be money, not ideas.