[LUG] K6/2 porting

Hi

After compiling my kernel to K6/2 native I was thinking of doing the same to
the rest of the software,  probably using rpm as I think I can recompile the
packages to make them k6/2 native then reinstall or upgrade them,  this
should make my system alot faster. espcially X.

I still need to do some reading of Maximum RPM but does anyone in the group
know of a similar project which I could get involved with.   as i have a cd
writer I can then burn the new rpms to cd.  I will try and post notes on to
my web site to help others.

>From what I have found out so far I would need to edit the rpmrc file and
change build arch from i386 to k6 or something (k6 because when I copiled my
kernel I had -k6 flash up as part of the output messages).  However I am not
100% sure on things here,

I currently use RHL 7.1 with the 2.4.2 kernel,  on a AMD K6/2 with 128mb of
ram.

thanks

paul