Re: [LUG] Why HTTP transfer quicker than FTP?

On 11-Oct-00 at 15:03:46 Simon Waters wrote:
>> I would tend to agree, but I've seen this several times with
>> transfers from different sites. If the 'trend' is for network devices to
>> prefer web transfers, then  obviously it would make sense to use them
>> rather than ftp.
>
> Dig dig dig - don't suppose you have a SUN there to play with?

Hmm, well we do have a test system - an old sparcstation 20. However, I'm
not the only user of it and I'm half way through devising/configuring it as
part of a split mailhub (to be moved to an Ultra 10 hopefully later on), so
I don't want to do too much to it. But what is it you are hinting at?? (I
admit I am probably being dumb here and missing something...:-) )

John.

E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk