[LUG] Re: BOUNCE lug-list at area51.termisoc.org: Non-member submissionfrom ["Paul Sutton" <paul at psutton16.fsnet.co.uk>]

Hi,

 I would be very grateful for any help on the following , please.

 I am probably on the right track here but I decided to write anyway.

 1.  My current computer is set up with 2xhdd on primary master and
primary slave.  Which makes the mount points as follows

 c: /hda1 running ms windoze98 (boo)
 d:/hdb1 running Linux (yeah)

 As c: has windows installed on it,  I want to remove this and connect
 the d: to the primary slave hence making it /dev/hda1

 I am currently using a boot disk to go into Linux, and it boots from
 /dev/hdb1  when I remove the c: drive and reconnect the d: as primary
 slave.  I think I have to type at this Linux prompt:

 mount /dev/hda1 (or the mount point of /boot which should be the first
 partition of the drive.

 Is this correct?

 Also what else should I consider the above seems to simple to me,  I am
 also removing my second cdrom drive from secondary slave but leaving the
 other drive as secondary master and therefore the mount points should
 not be affected.  Will I need to alter files like mtab and fstab or will
 this be done automatically when I reboot into Linux.

 This should make my current P166 with 96mb of ram 100% Windows free.
 the windows drive is destined for my new AMD / cyrix computer which I am
 building it has a cyrix at present but will have a AMD K6/2 450
eventually or when funds permit,  This system should fly eventually as I
 have 2mb of on board cache and will have 2mb of harddisk cache.
 Thanks in advanced for any help on the above

 Paul

 PS

 For the benefit of your survey a few weeks ago my cyrix 233 seems to be
 faulty as a friend of mine can't get it working either.

 PS Part 2 I now have the Mandrake 7.1 boxed set,  it's cheaper from
 microworld www.microworld.co.uk then the www.linuxemporium.co.uk  anyway
 the price is worth it for the electronic books in pdf

 RHL unleashed
 Sams TY KDE
 Sams TY GIMP
 Sams TY Linux
 and 20
 Using Linux SE
 which are worth over $150=20

 While on the subject of Box sets I have RHL 5.2 box set from ages ago.=20