Re: Opera and Web Browsers was Re: [LUG] C++ book

> I fell foul of the need for latest version of Qt, my first stab at
> upgrading to the latest Qt fell foul of various dependencies (although
> the compiler seemed happy enough). I had Qt-2.0.1 working for some
> software development I was playing with, but 2.1 seems much harder to
> install, and larger and slower and I gave up.

I recently compiled Qt-2.2 - seems to work ok for me on a SuSE 6.4 system
with X version 4.01.  I found I had to use configure options for gif and jpeg
support.

> Also my copy of Netscape seems to have become less stable recently?!
> What are people's experiences of either the latest version of Netscape
> or other browsers that support Java Applets on Linux.

So has mine - seems to crash every time I try to type in a URI - I havn't
bothered to investigate this yet, I assume it might be some conflict with
kde2 or Qt - I'm finding it just as easy to use the kde2 browser - despite
it's occasional crashes.

Tony Atkin
tony at nimbus.uklinux.net