Opera and Web Browsers was Re: [LUG] C++ book

John Horne wrote:

> > I did use some simple C++ tutorials from the Internet to get some small
> > examples up and running (I can send references), revising my limited C
> > and learning the syntax of C++.
> >
> Yes, please! I'll probably need all the help I can get...:-)

For the benefit of the list - the C++ tutorial was from the University
of Waterloo.

But I won't bore the rest of you with the 0.3Mb of postscript.

Has anyone around Devon got Opera working on Linux yet? Is it worth the
effort?

I fell foul of the need for latest version of Qt, my first stab at
upgrading to the latest Qt fell foul of various dependencies (although
the compiler seemed happy enough). I had Qt-2.0.1 working for some
software development I was playing with, but 2.1 seems much harder to
install, and larger and slower and I gave up.

Also my copy of Netscape seems to have become less stable recently?!
What are people's experiences of either the latest version of Netscape
or other browsers that support Java Applets on Linux.