[LUG] palmpilots and linux

I'm a happy bunny now that I have a new cradle for my PP after losing the
last one for a year or two. at last I can back up my data.

I'm using coldsync at the mo to synch my Linux Desktop, coldsync is
fairly simple and just syncs dirs in your user area with yer palm, backing
up and archiving all the data, and allowing you to install apps by banging
them into your .palm/install/ dir.

handily everything is easy to play with using perl and the p5-palm module
for reading & writing the palm files.

most palm apps for *nix require u to ln /dev/ttyS[Serial port no.] to
/dev/palm or /dev/pilot.

Freshmeat has a decent selection of Palm Apps, and I will probably write a
nice GTK frontend for some of the perl stuff soon.

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty  at  termisoc.org </A>
I sometimes think that surrealist artists breed in the echelons of local