Re: [LUG] Open source, GNU.

Peter Hatton wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Peter Hatton wrote:
> > New sources Betty? Ok Ok, yeah, I am planning to release my calendar code
> > under some Open Source, GNU, whatever license, however
>
> Opps hit the send by accident.
>
> What I would like to know is a bit about Open Source, GNU, whatever
> license, as I will have some code and programs to release in the future.
> However I'm stuck on what to use, could anyone give some pointers to what
> best to use?

I think this is Alex's pet subject - so you should get an excellent
answer if he is free.

The first question is what are you trying to achieve?

Do you care if other people incorporate your software into a bigger
package and don't tell any one?
Would you want a mention in the credits of derivative works?
Would you like to get paid, if they are making money out of your work?
Would you like to stop them making money out of your work?
Would you like to retain an option to sell your work commercially at a
later date?