[LUG] Fw: 486 sx33 - for sale along with other bits

Subject: 486 sx33 - for sale along with other bits

Hi,  I have an old system which is taking up space and as Linux can run on low spec devices decided to offer it to the group first.

No mouse at present or the one I have seesm to be on the way out
VLB based I/O card with serial, parallel ports etc.

If you need them I can also throw in the disks for DOS 6.2 and windows 3.1.

1x ISA network card,  I am not sure on who made it though it seems to have 2 part numbers on it

No more info,  no drivers or anything.  I think they work, but without proper drivers or information I can't really check them properly.
Again I can sell the whole lot or split the computer from the cards and sell separatley.

Is anyone interested.?  I am open to offers either for cash or swap.
I live in paignton and buyer may have to collect as I don't have a car.

I am currently trying to figure out if one of the simms is dodgy as Linux won't boot properly and comes up with a GPF syle message and dumps stuff to the screen, i.e addresses and registers etc. (some dos games do this sometimes).
Himem has a similar problem but it can be solved by turning off higher memory checking.

It works great with 8mb but can't run x and kde.  but should be ok as console and a basic server or terminal or something.

I also need to get the harddisk working,  it works in my new system but won't boot on the 486 so I think I need to check the cables or something first.

Lynx friendly