Re: [LUG] Hardware - Modem & Sound

Greetings,

to solve the message about /dev/modem you probably just need to make a
symlink to the serial port the modem is using/attached to

(ttysX where x is the port number starting at 0)

RedHat has a tool called modemtool that will do this for you.

As to the soundcard, I do not know if this is a supported card or not (I
guess probably not in the kernel source tree but I could be wrong) I use
the Alsa sound stuff with my linux boxes, this tends to support more
cards than the osslite stuff you get with the kernel. the alsasound
project is at http://www.alsa-project.org/

hopefully they can help

-James

--