[LUG] Hardware - Modem & Sound

Hi all,

Thanks to your help in tha past, I now have Apache working with PHP
support and am able to compile programs!

I have another couple of problems though.....

I am running Red Hat 6.0

I have just connected an external modem (US Robotics Spotster 33.6) to the
computer instead of the internal hsp/wunmodem that was useless under
Linux. However, I still don't seem able to get it to work - I get the
message /dev/modem not found.

What do I need to do?

Also, I have an onboard Yamaha DS-XG soundcard which I don't know how to
get working with Linux.

Can anyone help me with these problems please?

TIA,

Mark Harvey

--
Striking Home!