Re: [LUG] Mail clients.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:56:00 +0100
From: owner-lug-list at area51.termisoc.org
To: lug-list-approval at area51.termisoc.org
Subject: BOUNCE lug-list at area51.termisoc.org:    Non-member submission from
    [Simon Waters <Simon.Waters at wretched.demon.co.uk>]
Sender: srw at wretched.demon.co.uk

Alex Charrett wrote:

> I'm intreigued as to what mail clients people use.  I'm a stalwart pine
> user, and even on my machines at home where I can use X I'm still using
> pine purley because it's so functional.

In the bizarre interests of keeping my mail as accessible as possible I
run IMAP on the server.

I actually use Netscape Messenger - but it isn't too hot - but am
thinking of moving to KIMAP - but that means upgrading my IMAP server
two point releases, and I haven't tested out KIMAP thoroughly yet.

I'm more interested to know what people do with address books. Anyone
running LDAP server for a small Office, if so, with which mail package
(And which imap server come to that).

	Simon

PS: Anyone got a copy of Netscape 4.7X for Windows - I have some data I
need to import and the Linux Netscape doesn't have the import
filters.... Argh... I have an earlier Netscape for Windows but it
doesn't hack it.