Re: [LUG] fetchmail & samba

Forwarded message originates from Simon Waters:
--------

Alex Charrett wrote:

>  On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, RuS wrote:
>
> > hmm....am I the only one who uses purely Linux - with not a single
> > micro$not product in sight?

I'm heading that way at the moment.

Alas - my Printer HP590 - is a Win95 only device - so I have Star Office
on Win95.
Similarly Tesco home shopping only works online for Linux 8-(
I have to use BAAN Windows - but I have avoided using it for so long -
that I'd have to reinstall it - as Win95 bit the dust in between -
again!

Mind I'm thinking of replacing Star Office with Applix - I've been
experimenting with a 'free desktop' - but the MS Office filters on Star
Office are okay - but not great.

> I sometimes don't run any MS stuff, and do other times.  I play games and
> the game support under Linux is pretty abysmal.

Funny - the only way I could get a Kriegspiel game was under Linux. It
plays an appalling game of Kriegspiel - alas.

Chess is more mixed - Windows has better commercial apps - but Linux has
the best free app support. Since the free programs play expert level or
above this isn't an issue for 99% of chess players.

I'm sure you meant the shoot them up variety.