Re: [LUG] fetchmail & samba

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Colin Ford wrote:

> A few questions for you:
>
> What sort of modem connection do you use?

It's an internal Diamond ISA v.90 dialling up to BT Internet

> Do you use your Linux G/W as a NAT?

After phoning Jon to find out what a NAT is (Network Address
Translation).  IP Masq to lots of us, yes I do use it as one of those.

> Are you using your Linux G/W as a DHCP server?

Yep, DHCP serving seems to work well under linux.  Obviosuly I've set the
scope up so that it only works for boxes on the local subnet.
And it's a dns server too, running my very own made up domain and a dns
cache for the rest of the world.  Which means I don't have to fiddle
around with host files all the time.

-=-=-Alex Charrett-=-=-
		SMS: chas at termisoc.org subject:SMS
Mail:   chas at termisoc.org		Web: http://www.termisoc.org/~chas/